Sunday, November 23, 2008

Gone "Tishing"

This past friday night i had the pleasure of going to the tish of the Skverer Rebbe of upstate new york. Now i must admit this was not my first time, as i had gone there during my days in yeshiva in monsey. Wev'e been reading alot about how different groups (names need not be mentioned) have been going at each other's throats over territorial rights etc.. It was refreshing to see that Skver has not changed their way of doing things over all these years. There was no pushing and shoving, each person greeted with "good shabbos" and shown a place to sit if possible. The zemiros and dancing were a sight to behold. The hour or so that i spent there brought back sweet memories of a time gone by, making me wish that things could be simple again. I personally hope that Flatbush will be graced by his presence once again in the near future.

4 comments:

  1. Hey, you didn't save me any stale cake! And you call yourself a friend. I would like to see some more Oneg Shabbos action in some shuls. You can never have enough beer and chickpeas...

    ReplyDelete
  2. the boy just got a note that he will be visiting the rebbe tomorrow. It's nice to see a post talking about the beauty of seeing a rav rather than knocking it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs.LFD, thank you for your kind comment,hope the boy enjoys the visit.

    Mr. LFD,i'm ready for oneg at rotating houses now that shabbos is so early, and there will be stale cake waiting just for you....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always wanted to go to a Tish. I was expecting to go this time, but it was freezing cold, so we didn't go. But the next day my father and little brother went for Shachris.

    Mrs. Lakewood Falling Down, my brother's school also went to see the Rebbe. Does that mean their in the same school? or lots of school's went?

    ReplyDelete